- Our academic session starts from April of every year.
- Application Form, is to reach at given address by the last date prescribed in the advertisement published in the press.
- On receipt, the forms will be scrutinized and candidates found eligible will be issued Roll Numbers.
- Written test will be held on a date advertised in the newspapers.
- Those who qualify the written test will individually be intimated and will be called for interview and medical examination.
- Those who qualify all stages will be placed on a merit list drawn according to the performance in written test, interview.
- Final selection will be based on merit and relevant quota.
- Final call-up letters for joining will then be issued.
Written Test: Candidates will undergo written test in following:
- Intelligence Test
- Academic Test:
- General Science and General Knowledge
All academic test papers will be of 25 marks each, however, the Intelligence test will be of 100 marks. All papers will comprise multiple choice questions. The level of academic test will be upto the standard of class VII as per prescribed syllabus for entry into class VIII. Written test will be conducted at following stations:
Interview - Candidates who qualify Written Test for admission to Class VIII will be called for Interview at one of the major cities.
The candidates selected under N-Cadets scheme shall be medically examined at Military hospital nearest to their home station.
The paying / self-finance scheme cadets will go through preliminary medical examination however; the parents/guardians of paying cadets will render a certificate that their son/ward has no known serious or infectious disease(s).
A candidate’s final selection will be based on the overall merit achieved by candidate, i.e. written Test and Interview, in accordance with following weightge:
35% - Written test (Academics)
35% Complete (success)
35% - Intelligence Test
20% Complete (warning)
30% - Selection Board (Final Interview)
10% Complete (danger)